real student exchange program

A student exchange program is a program in which a student, chooses to live in a foreign country to learn, among other things, language and culture.Students live with a host family, who are usually unpaid volunteers and can be a traditional family, a single parent, or a couple with no children at home.

Student exchanges became popular after World War II, and have the aim of helping to increase the participants' understanding and tolerance of other culture, as well as improving their language skills and broadening their social horizons.

An exchange student typically stays in the host country for a relatively short period of time, often 6 to 10 months.

Some students on exchange programs can receive academic credit from the country they study in.

giovedì 10 marzo 2011

Spring is finally coming, flowers are coming out, and all that old shit is away in my mind.
a new season is at the door, there are still a lot of thing to get, but there are also some rhings we've lost.
Today it's the last day here for Anique (my hosting sista) she's gonna move on another home in the coty where my school is... yes of course i know we are gonna see each other, but i cannot pretend that it doesen't matter to me.
    I still remember when i arrived here, after the orientation week we exchange students went straight to a restaurant waiting for our hosting families. i remember i was there waiting and waiting for them, the hostingfamilies of the other exchange students were already there, i was a little worry. my mind was floating away, tryng to imagine how my new family could be...what if Anique was a bitch? i tought, and what if she was a childish girl i wondered.
then all of a sudden here they were :)
we stood there till the meeting finished and then we runned away, at the first service station we stopped and we got out of the car, it was Jan Jurre Anique  and I, i was still a little tired of all that english when Anique looked at me and asked me: do u wanna smoke? i knew it was against travel active rules, but it was just a little pretty cigarette... since that moment everything changed so fast.
    It seems me like yesterday when we went to Alkmaar to her father home. i was in the netherlands olny for 2 weeks, we arrived over there and only in that moment Niekje told me that her father owns 2 coffee shop. so we went in his kitchen Niekje knew his hiding place and we got his weed.it was the first time i saw the REAL WEED!!! it's incredible how much is that different from all that shit in Italy, it was 100 times better then the best weed of Naples!!! i couldn't believe at what my nose was smelling. Than we rolled it, Nickje wanted to have the honor, and she made a fucking huge jointje. it was the only joint we smoked that day, but i was high the all day long!
    When we went to the first party together, we were not even invited actually, but we had ha pass par tout: i m an exchange student :P so we just got inside and we started to drink and drink, than drinks where finished, but Molly still had our Tequilla bottle in her bag, at the end of the night we were as drunk as the hell and we had to walk to the station, that was very hard! and my heels were fucking hurting so i got to the station with bare feet, and it was something like -7° at least!!! but we where together.
    At Xmas it was my first white Xmas, we went to the church, it was interesting, but fucking boring. so we went home, Nickje went to sleep over me and we ate some Puddos ( Magic Mushrooms) we spent the all night long awake just spacing together.
   When i was sad, when she was sad, we were there for each other, there was no need of talking, just looking to each other, getting cigarettes ad everything was better, she could get me , and i could get her.
she's my soul sister, i didn't expect she could become so much at me, but so it is, i love her and she loves me!
this is why every time somebody asks me what s the best thing you get from Nederland i always answer : that's my sista! 
I ve ever been thinking it would have been awesome to have a sister , but now i know that's not awesome, that's fucking awesome!!!!

1 commento:

  1. me encantoo!!^^ hermosoo blog enserio.. describe perfecto todos los momentos de un intercambistas!
    te quiero alee te voy a extraniar muchisimo cuando nos separemos!
    :)

    RispondiElimina